Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pinkie Pie Cutie Pie

For Halloween my niece wanted to be Pinkie Pie from My Little Ponies. 
My sister sent me this image for inspiration.


I found the perfect pattern to use at Simplicity.com. 
It is a pattern for a Tinkerbell Costume but with a little creativity and a little tweaking I knew I could make it into the perfect Pinkie Pie Dress. I used the pattern for Dress A with additional petals from Dress C. I made all of the embellishments from felt and used fusible webbing to attach them to the dress. I even added Pinkie Pie's "Cutie Mark" to one of the lower petals.




Here is the final dress. My niece LOVED it! She was so excited to wear it and she actually won two separate costume contests with this dress. The best part...now she thinks Aunt Melle is the best!


Oh my goodness...Isn't she a cutie pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment